Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mom's First Week of Rehab

My mother is hanging in there, the pneumonia part of her sickness is almost cleared up (Meaning her infection level has gone down)'Which is great! .However the sickness has brought on Dementia (Meaning She CRS ) for example walking, eating and just the basic taking care of herself. We had to move her to a nursing home for rehab,so she can get the intense therapy she needs to get back on the road to recovery  ( A difficult decision,  but its just a couple of minutes from my house) and their rehab staff  has had excellent results.
Mr Plunkin (OFNH)
 I've been with her everyday, I've met some interesting people there so far....and I think I got her a boyfriend lined up. I was calling him Pumpkin  Until I realized he was saying his name is Plunkin. and of course I'm taking pics.. (He's a sweet man always at the front of the facility waiting for me in the mornings with a smile on his face) Shhh! I don't think he knows he's my choice for her yet!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your mom's infection level has gone down. Does he have a sense of humor? The boyfriend I picked out for my mom was still riding horses and working in his 90's. In my view, super healthy beau was top priority!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear things are getting better with Mom. Will she and the new fella have wheelchair races?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supi,Thank You~He does have a sense of humor.
    I would love to hear some of your stories about your mom.

    @ Odie, Thank You, I've already raced him down the hall~I'm not telling who won.

    ReplyDelete